I got criticized at work by boss for not being "open" with my coworkers. Should I just tell them straight up that I don't trust people?

I've had to leave an older job due to an awful situation because I was too "open" and people didn't accept certain things about me, even though I thought they were my friends and that I could trust them. After getting me to believe I was their friend, they tried to get me fired (And even worse but... show more I've had to leave an older job due to an awful situation because I was too "open" and people didn't accept certain things about me, even though I thought they were my friends and that I could trust them. After getting me to believe I was their friend, they tried to get me fired (And even worse but I won't talk about that here).

Now my new boss of almost a year has even accused me of being cold and "scary". I just refuse to tell people anything about my life or even my interests anymore and I'm more than happy to keep to myself, but apparently people aren't happy with this, either. Nor are they happy when I do open up.

I'm not sure if my boss sees me as socially inept or if she really is just curious, but part of me just wants to tell her about my past experiences and hopefully she'll just leave it at that, understand where I'm coming from and let me be. But of course, I know this is not "socially acceptable" in a lot of people's eyes. So I just feel really stuck.

I'm a registered massage therapist so it's not like we have a lot of office culture, anyways. Despite not being friendly with co-workers, I very often get repeat clients who always leave great reviews of my work.