Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDental · 5 months ago

Can you get a "check up" at the dentist?

I want a dentist to look at my teeth to determine the cause of pain. But I don't want any procedures done. Could I schedule a check up?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

that appointment is a check up you idiot

• 5 months ago

Yes, of course! Explain you'd like to register for an examination and perhaps some x-rays, this is usually what is done in a "check-up". You have to consent to treatment so there is no way a Dentist could possibly start doing treatment on you without discussing it with you first. And if they do offer, say you'd prefer to come back another day after you've weighed up the benefits and risks and made an informed decision about your treatment.

• 5 months ago

Yes that's what x-rays and teeth cleaning are.

• 5 months ago

Of course. In fact do before your teeth/gums deteriorate and you are in a lot of pain. Here in the UK, a check up is done first with a new patient, and the patient made aware of any problems so treatment can be set up, as needed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

You could just schedule a check up. The dentist can't force you to do something you don't want too.

• 5 months ago

Yes of course you can. I don't know where you are in the world, but here in the UK, you have to make an appointment for treatment - it is not regularly done during a check up appointment.

• 5 months ago

sure, be clear what you want, very clear up front and see if they say yes

• James
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

yes, you just tell them what you want

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.