Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 8 months ago

Why is it whenever I use Uber or Lyft shared ride the cars are tiny and the driver can barely speak English ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

Who else would let you in their personal car!

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Dude, that's part of the fun. Sometimes, I make up words & say "Understand?" Or, I say, You went the wrong way! Once ion New york, I had an Italian guy. I asked him if his mother had a mustache, too. He didn't even get offended or crack a smile.

• Tommy
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Profit and market demand.

These drivers do not get paid by the amount of leg room you get. They get paid to haul you from point A to point B and like any business they need to make a profit to stay in business. Generally, the smaller the car the better the gas mileage. As for the English speaking thing, well, there is more demand for drivers than there are people willing to haul strangers around in their car so you take what you can get.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The real question is, who gives a ****? Are you getting a ride somewhere, or moving to a different apartment? Why would it matter if they speak English or not? You don't want to talk to them, and they don't want to talk to you either.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 months ago

Smaller cars cost less to run, and Uber and Lyft offer an easy way for someone who has no qualifications for any other job, and those who may be highly qualified but speak little English, to make a living.

Drivers don't get paid extra for having cars which cost them more to run, so the majority use the moist economical cars which meet the minimum requirements which Uber and Lyft require.

If you want better cars and drivers, pay more for a proper taxi with an officially approved taxi driver. "You pays your money and you takes yer choice". Although in some parts of the world where there is little or no mandatory regulation of taxi drivers, even the official taxi drivers often have crappy little cars and speak little of the local language.

• Jolene
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

My dad (white Irish American) is a retired firefighter. He drives for Lyft with his GMC Terrain just because he loves driving, and it gives him and my mom a little bit of extra income.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Maybe it has something to do with your area. I drive for Lyft, and I have a pretty spacious Toyota Prius, and speak English just fine (it was my first language after all.)

• 8 months ago

What do you expect from companies that use a foreign or misspelled word for their title?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.