Should I spin my cartilage hoop?

I got a double helix piercing a year ago and they have gone through 2 infections, 1 of which required antibiotics and the other I was able to get rid of with detol and magnesium sulfate. The upper piercing is fully healed and spins around fine with no pain. A month ago I attempted to spin the lower one, but ended... show more I got a double helix piercing a year ago and they have gone through 2 infections, 1 of which required antibiotics and the other I was able to get rid of with detol and magnesium sulfate.
The upper piercing is fully healed and spins around fine with no pain. A month ago I attempted to spin the lower one, but ended up creating a tear in the piercing (I assume), which got infected and is now suffering the damage of drying and peeling from my detol and magnesium sulfate treatments, although the infection is gone.
Should I spin the hoop as it heals, so that it doesn t heal as a curve (which I assume it did last time as it tore when I tried to flip it)?
I want the hoop to be able to move up and down like the upper piercing, but I m worried if I leave it it ll heal curved again, but if I move it it won t heal at all.
Any ideas what to do?