Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 6 months ago

How do Muslims feel that their prophet ordered his critics to be killed and made criticism of Islam blasphemous and punishable by death?

Why would you need to do that if it's the truth?

They are frightened by the truth and they will loose power and control of their followers

• Pyrus

What worries me is that Muslims misunderstand countless verses of the Quran and actually pervert its interpretation to suit their own needs. How? First of all, even as a Christian, I consider the Quran also the word of God (even though it's not the doctrine that I follow), out of respect to other religions. The problem is that considering that this is the word of God, there is no way it is superficial and no way to be easily understood, especially given that it is written in Arabic (and yes, I write ans speak Arabic well, along with 4 other languages that I know). So, combine that with potentially dangerous verses and the fact that the Quran is taught from childhood to make them proficient in both Arabic and their own religion, and what do you get?? Huge misunderstandings and misinterpretation!! Why are there so many peaceful Muslims, and others who literally kill themselves and take the lives of 10s if not 100s of people around them?? Even Sheikhs are against each other sometimes!

I feel fine because it’s not true and you love listening to bullshit.

• Kenzie

Criticism bruised his ego and made people question his story - something he couldn't tolerate.

• Lili

Are you aware of the way Christians treated THEIR critics once they got into power? The way they punished heresy and blasphemy?

The truth is that religion in general has a very sorry history where tolerance of criticism and blasphemy is concerned. Islam has no monopoly on that.

• Lv 6

Heresy and blasphemy not in the Church of England we grew out of that after the dark ages, and we don't Punish you because you are Gay

My God Yarway the only true god teaches love but Muslims and Murder the Infidel it is difficult to love people who hate me because i am a christian

Those hadith accounts contradict the Koran which instructs Muslims to forgive and show restraint towards the mockers and to walk away from the ignorant. It also gives countless examples from the Prophets who conducted themselves in that way and who are to be emulated by the Prophet and the rest of the Muslims.

So no, a fair reading of Islam does not suggest punishment for those who criticise or even mock Islam and the Prophet. Those who give greater weight to hadiths are really straying away from their holy book.

Salam,

I absolutely love that law. Why would I ever care what happens to some kafir who disrespected someone that I love more than my own parents (peace and Allah's blessings be upon him) or my religion which I cherish more than some house or car or family.

Imagine someone insulting your own mother, it would make you mad right? It would make us Muslims hate you 70 times more than you would hate someone to slap and insult your own mother.

Imagine if your own house burned down, your car got stolen, and your entire family got killed, you would hate that right? We Muslims would hate that our own religion be slandered by some filthy Mushrik more than we would hate these things to happen.

Likewise, THANK YOU YA ALLAH for legislating this penalty against blasphemy (which is capital punishment), it is a boundary. First the kafirs stop paying jizya tax, then they start opening up more churches, then they start calling people to their fake idolatrous religions, then they start blaspheming the Prophet (s), then they start insulting those who believe in the Prophet (s) then we end up in Syria, Yemen, Afghanistan, etc.

All out war, so blasphemy is simply a boundary. We don't go from sharia to oppression in one day. We go from A to B, then from B to C, then from C to D, all the way to W, which war. And blasphemy is a very VERY important boundary that no Muslim should ever want to be crossed.

wa salam.

• Pyrus

... And that by attacking any of the preceeding religions (Judaism and Christianity), you are attacking your own religio, for Islam is meant to be the completion of the other two, thus not only blaspheming against your own doctrine, but going further and committing a great sacrilege.

Is the a Nancy Pelosi question?

• Fuhr

Islam is a blast!