Can you quit a job if your employer fails to honor your employment agreement?

I recently started working as a lifeguard in May. I was hired after interviewing for 5 minutes and given a contract in April. This contract said that I would be placed at a pool full time. I also received free training, when I was signed up for free training, they said I had to work 250 hours, however, I never actually signed anything mandating that. I haven’t been scheduled at all and it’s mid June. The only shifts I’ve worked and gotten paid for are ones that I literally had to fight for by calling incessantly. I’ve only gotten 39.78 hours despite being employed for over a month. I want to quit, but I don’t want to get fined for not working 250 hours. I did NOT sign anything saying this and it was a verbal agreement. I am also a minor. Can I quit since they haven’t upheld the contract my mom and I did sign or will there be legal repercussions?

You can quit the job easier because you have not signed any contract with the employer verbal agreement has no value in legal cases. You are not supposed to pay any fine for not working. For more legal queries visit Lawtendo website they will suggest you the best way to tackle the situation and they also provide you the best attorney for your case if required.

• `

Talk to your parents about this rather than random strangers on the internet.

Definitely check with a lawyer but unless you signed a contract you can quit. Also if it’s a real contract see if there’s any way around it like number of hours.

You can quit, go nuts.

Anybody can quit a job any time they like. If there were verbal agreements to work 250 hours and there is a written contract indicating you will be placed at a pool full time, the written contract takes precedent. Because there is a written contract written contract no verbal contracts will be considered. If they make any threats, like to attempt to charge you for the training, if you have that written contract that they did not uphold, you are not obligated to pay for anything. In that case take them to small claims court and bring the signed contract. (You may have to have your parents sue them on your behalf).

• Carson

You can quit.

I think if you read the contract the 250 is considered training time to be a life guard. .....which is BS because I did the 'class' and it was one Sat for 8 hours and we learned and were certified for CPR.

• Fuhr

You will be forced to work in the salt mines for years.

If you didn't sign anything you don't have a contract.

• Joseph

If they broke the contract then the contract is broken

you don't need a reason to just stop showing up bro lol