Can you quit a job if your employer fails to honor your employment agreement?

I recently started working as a lifeguard in May. I was hired after interviewing for 5 minutes and given a contract in April. This contract said that I would be placed at a pool full time. I also received free training, when I was signed up for free training, they said I had to work 250 hours, however, I never... show more I recently started working as a lifeguard in May. I was hired after interviewing for 5 minutes and given a contract in April. This contract said that I would be placed at a pool full time. I also received free training, when I was signed up for free training, they said I had to work 250 hours, however, I never actually signed anything mandating that. I haven’t been scheduled at all and it’s mid June. The only shifts I’ve worked and gotten paid for are ones that I literally had to fight for by calling incessantly. I’ve only gotten 39.78 hours despite being employed for over a month. I want to quit, but I don’t want to get fined for not working 250 hours. I did NOT sign anything saying this and it was a verbal agreement. I am also a minor. Can I quit since they haven’t upheld the contract my mom and I did sign or will there be legal repercussions?