Will you buy next-gen games if they are $70?

Instead of $60 for standard games? It's rumored games for next-gen consoles coming out next year will go for $70. Will you pay the extra ten to continue playing?

I probably will, but it will be interesting to see if it happens.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Raditz
    Lv 6
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I will still buy it, but only for the games that I really wanted to play right away. But TBH, the game price isn't going to increased next gen, since there's no justification for gaming company to do that due to they still making profit with the $60 price tag.

Even the $70-80 for a "full game" has already happened today with the "deluxe edition" versions, where they include the "season pass" for the game, which basically the game base contents that were cut and sold seperately for maximizing profits.

Lastly, there's no guarantee that all the microtransactions will magically "dissapeared" in every game, even when they increased the price to $100 for base game. Remember, most of them were corporates that wants maximum profit from everything they sell, even by implementing underhanded stuffs, like pay-to-win mechanics or microtransactions.

• 6 months ago

With the exception of the dark souls franchise i only buy games at there cheapest price.I can wait 10 years

• 6 months ago

No.

I always wait until the prices drop to a more acceptable price range.

I don't care about how recent the game is, all I care about is the gameplay.

I've gotten quite a lot of popular games, some are pretty expensive too by the way, for about $2 to $8 a copy at thrift stores. I even managed to get a copy of The Division for $4 last month. No, it's not worth a lot of money by any means, but its still a popular game nevertheless and is only a few years old.

• opurt
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

They're already $80 around here, so it's a little late for that.

Between Xbox Game Pass, the fact that games drop in price even after only a couple of months and that I don't play a lot of online multiplayer games anymore, it's pretty rare for me to bother buying a new full-price game.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Depends on the type of game it is and all. If it's worth it, sure

• 6 months ago

Yes. Especially if this means that it will help remove microtransactions.

• 6 months ago

Yes. But I can also wait until it goes on sale. Fighting games get a price drop within half a year after release. Dead or alive 6 is $40, about 3 months after release.

Best Buy needs to bring back gamers club elite so I can get games for 20% off.

• Kyle
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

i also do the same. i rarely get games day one anymore. and since most come out during the holiday season, i also list them there and get a couple. or just buy the rest with holiday sales.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.