Will you buy next-gen games if they are $70?

Instead of $60 for standard games? It's rumored games for next-gen consoles coming out next year will go for $70. Will you pay the extra ten to continue playing?

I probably will, but it will be interesting to see if it happens.

• Raditz
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

I will still buy it, but only for the games that I really wanted to play right away. But TBH, the game price isn't going to increased next gen, since there's no justification for gaming company to do that due to they still making profit with the $60 price tag.

Even the $70-80 for a "full game" has already happened today with the "deluxe edition" versions, where they include the "season pass" for the game, which basically the game base contents that were cut and sold seperately for maximizing profits.

Lastly, there's no guarantee that all the microtransactions will magically "dissapeared" in every game, even when they increased the price to $100 for base game. Remember, most of them were corporates that wants maximum profit from everything they sell, even by implementing underhanded stuffs, like pay-to-win mechanics or microtransactions.

• 1 year ago

With the exception of the dark souls franchise i only buy games at there cheapest price.I can wait 10 years

• opurt
    1 year ago

They're already $80 around here, so it's a little late for that.

Between Xbox Game Pass, the fact that games drop in price even after only a couple of months and that I don't play a lot of online multiplayer games anymore, it's pretty rare for me to bother buying a new full-price game.

• 1 year ago

Depends on the type of game it is and all. If it's worth it, sure

• 1 year ago

Yes. Especially if this means that it will help remove microtransactions.

• 1 year ago

Yes. But I can also wait until it goes on sale. Fighting games get a price drop within half a year after release. Dead or alive 6 is $40, about 3 months after release.

Best Buy needs to bring back gamers club elite so I can get games for 20% off.