When moving out of apartment, what's bare minimum for cleaning and...?

What's going above and beyond? My renters history is very good, with no damages in the last 4 apartments I've lived in, aside from the normal wear and tear. I got really lucky with my last apartment, as they were gutting the whole thing anyway and told us to just leave everything as is. Well, I'm... show more What's going above and beyond? My renters history is very good, with no damages in the last 4 apartments I've lived in, aside from the normal wear and tear. I got really lucky with my last apartment, as they were gutting the whole thing anyway and told us to just leave everything as is.

Well, I'm expecting trouble with this one. We plan to scrub every surface, patch up all holes, bleach and clean the bathrooms, but what is considered too much? And I know that just leaving it would be a nightmare, but it's not that bad (I cleaned this place top to bottom every week).

Also, the carpet was already a disaster when we moved in, not new or even cleaned. I have pictures when we moved in proving this and the lady doing our walk through admitted this. I don't want to spend the money or make the effort on the carpet when we shouldn't have to.