Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 5 months ago

What would a young earth creationist do if he received a gift of a fossilized Trilobite that was 350 million years old?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Favorite Answer

"OMG, Satan made this. It's fake, it's fake. Get it away from me !!!"

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I might be able to speak with some authority on this because my Father who got a degree in Geology (3.97 average grade) was a creationist.

He would use it in his preachers office as a paper weight. If asked he would go into about a forty five minute lecture on the failings of the geological dating system (rules of uniformity) to explain how far off science is. No doubt there would be references to continent drift rates, acceleration curves, cosmic storms and catastrophic events that are known to have happened but are ignored by those who guess at how old the earth is.

Now if you happened to have been present for the event, no doubt you would have heard a rebuttal because the time between the sixth day of creation and the fall is not recorded and the argument that "day" should have been translated "age" by my younger brother who happens to be a Bible translator.

I will leave you to guess about my Bible believing brother who just happens to be a research Biologist.

• Jake
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

A person can know many truths by reciting the rosary each day with care.

• 5 months ago

Probably make some BS statement about that fossil being from Noah's flood.

People deny evolution because they haven't figured out that the Genesis passage was written to people who were herding sheep 3000 years ago. These sheep herders did not know about quantum relativity, string theory, Higg's boson or time frames of billions of years. The purpose of the Genesis account is about who (God) made the Universe, not about when or how He made it.

The Time line of Creation

http://www.rareuniverse.org/timeline.html

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

I would say Oh Look a 350 million year old Tirobite FOSSIL that God created 6000 years ago when He created an Old earth. We know its a fossil...you ASSUME it ever lived

• Jea
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

They would just deny it.

• David
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Find one, give him a trilobite, then you will have your answer...

• David
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Ok... I have an extremely large one in my fossil and mineral collection. So what's your point?

• Seph
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

He would say thank you and know deep in his soul that it is only about 5000 years old and radiometric dating is wrong

• 5 months ago

He would insist it was either fake or <6000 years old.

~

• 5 months ago

He would just doubt the age of that trilobite.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.