How can you make sugar-free desserts without maple syrup, etc. using, for example, raisins and the like?

The purpose is specific: do not use refined sweeteners (eg Stevia etc.) with a high glycemic index

Favorite Answer

I have made "brownies" that contain Dates, Nuts, cocoa, a bit of water processed and then pressed into a pan to firm up. No added sugar the dates are sweet enough. I guess you could do the same thing using any dried fruit. The dates are pretty moist so using dried apple might not produce the same moist texture.

• Nikki P

search Minimalist Baker. No Bake Vegan Brownie with Chocolate Ganache Frosting. I omit frosting if you want no added sugar.

I can not make sugar free desserts without any elements..

Agave syrup is very low on the glycemic index (and so is Stevia--0, I think). They are lower than many fruits would be.

You can\t. The end.

you can feed your kids the actual fruit too. No need to make a "dessert" specifically.

AND fyi any dry fruit is very high in sugar because the sugar concentrates when the fruit is dried.

Your body does't care if you get the sugar from a cookie or a fist full of dates, its all the same to the body.

Do you also control how much pasta, rice, potatoes, peas, carrots, winter squash, sweet potatoes, bread and corn they eat? That all is turned into sugar by the body so that it can be used. AND if you think whole wheat bread is better, it actually has a higher glycemic index than white bread does.

• Roberto6 months agoReport

Yes buy dryed fruit has minerals and fiber refined Sugar has only simple Sugar isnt the same

what I would like is to make low glycemic index desserts for my little ones without using refined sugars. I would gladly use raisins or the like

Why not just make truly sugar-free desserts?

Raisins have a lot of sugar. Your body doesn't really care whether it came from fruit or from a bag of C&H.

You are contradicting yourself here. According to http://www.sugar-and-sweetener-guide.com/glycemic-... , Stevia has a GI of 0. And you also don't need to use refined Stevia - you can get the plant and use the leaves directly.

So, what is it you want?