Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsAllergies · 7 months ago

Running out of food to eat?

Doctors aren’t listening..... I’ve been allergic to fruit all my life. Now I’m finding that gluten is hard on my body causing stomach pain with mucusy dumping issues. Now I’m finding I can’t even eat a salad. Simple lettuce is just falling right out of me. What do I do? I’m trying to eat right but my body can’t handle anything and doctors won’t listen.

OK... you can be allergic to RAW fruit and veg, or rather the pollen on them - only eat cooked fruit and veg and see what happens... so NO salads, no raw apples, grapes etc

As to the gluten issue - well there are gluten free alternatives in the supermarkets - look for them and try them

You say you are running out of food to eat - no mention on your list of meat or fish. There are grains and pulses to make casseroles with, ditto with vegetables or soya

We don't need to eat fruit. Or grains (where gluten comes from).

Eat foods which do not upset your system.

• Pippin

No idea how you determined that you are allergic to all fruit. Or that you have suddenly developed a gluten sensitivity.

But there are lots of digestive issues that are not related to specific foods. Get a referral to a GI specialist, who can try and determine exactly what the problem is.

(And really, even if you can't eat fruit or salad or gluten -- there are thousands of options -- gluten free grains, cooked vegetables of all kinds, meat, dairy, eggs, and more and more and more.)

• Andy C

They don't listen bc it's all not true. Your junk diet is the cause of your problems. Your junk diet has fostered an incredibly wrong gut flora, and that is the cause of indigestion.

Quit sugar and other sources of fructose outside of whole foods. Things like HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, maple syrup and white flour products (most breads, crackers and pastas).

Unless you have celiac. you aren't intolerant of gluten. You cannot physically be allergic to fruit, so THAT is also BS.

Doctors know this (except the fructose part).

Your current diet is killing you. I know that you are addicted to fructose, but quitting isn't that hard. Addiction causes the brain to try to rationalize further use by not listening to logic.

That's why you are dismissing this message before trying it out for a month and seeing what happens.

Source(s): More addiction experience than you'll ever have. "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig, M.D
    • SCATTY c

You CAN be allergic to RAW fruit, or at least the pollen on them. My brother used to get terrible symptoms after eating fruit and veg he picked in the garden. COOKING them removes the problem

Nobody on here can diagnose you. You didn't even offer what tests the doctors have done and what any of the findings were.

Assuming they have done the tests, then Salicylate Sensitivity may be something else that needs to be looked at.