Itchy fingers giving me mighty headache.?

The doctor says it's dermatitis. There are like tiny bumps clustered around the side of fingers (hands). When I press it hard, water oozes out.It gets so itchy that I'm at my wit's end. No medication has worked . Well, um, I've seen one dermatologist only (a relatively famous specialist in his field). I'm too tired to see any other.

Does anyone know of an OTC medication or an advice for a solution to this please???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

dyshidrosis.

Dyshidrosis

subscribe336 readers 11/12/2017

4 users here now

Show my flair on this subreddit. It looks like:

carolethechiropodist

Small blisters with the following characteristics:

* Blisters are very small (3 mm or less in diameter).

* They appear on the tips and sides of the fingers, toes, palms, and soles.

* Blisters are opaque and deep-seated; they are either flush with the skin or slightly elevated and do not break easily.

* Eventually, small blisters come together and form large blisters. Blisters may itch, cause pain, or produce no symptoms at all.

* They worsen after contact with soap, water, or irritating substances. Scratching blisters breaks them, releasing the fluid inside, causing the skin to crust and eventually crack. *This cracking is painful as well as unsightly and often takes weeks, or even months to heal.

* The skin is dry and scaly during this period.

* Fluid from the blisters is serum that accumulates between the irritated skin cells.

* It is not sweat as was previously thought.

* In some cases, as the blistering takes place in the palms or finger, * lymph node swelling may accompany the outbreak. This is characterised by tingling feeling in the forearm and bumps present in the arm pits.

* Nails on affected fingers, or toes, may take on a pitted appearance.

created by itschvya community for 3 years

I study dyshidrosis: I am a retired podiatrist in Australia.

One of my patients referred me to this site as this is where they had found me. OK. It is an allergic reaction to a dermatophyte, which is a yeast or a fungus or a close relative, like mycobacteria. If it is caused by foot fungi (Tinea pedis) or jock itch (Tinea corpis) then curing that by over the counter gels and creams, soaks in warm baths with a cup of vinegar or half a cup of bleach will cure the dyshidrosis. Sometimes the immune system stays switched on. Then the cure is either all new socks and spray inside all shoes with Canestan. OR 90 days of 20,000 iu of vitamin A 30,000 iu if you are over 70 kilos. Don't get pregnant. This often clears acne as well, and a documented case of psoriasis. However, there are many cases that are not foot fungi. 1. Seasonal, the first case ever documented in 1750s was seasonal. This is due to airborne seasonal, and often local, fungi. Some people suffer this only in their home region, others only when they leave their home region. Most commonly, it's black mold in a house or workplace. This is hard to overcome, but rare. I would like to test out the vitamin A protocol on seasonal sufferers. Does vitamin A reset the immune system, is vitamin A able to tell the immune system this allergen is harmless? I don't know the answer. 2. The Occult Infection. This is 99/100 times Candida in the gut. It is not Candida overgrowth. I'm not saying that does not happen. But Candida albicans, tropicalis or kursai or other species is a yeast, it's evil twin is when it turns into a fungus. A mycelial dermatophyte. Why does it turn? Mostly hormones and steroids, the same thing in all but name. They can be natural or medications. The most common cause is pregnancy and breastfeeding. Exercise fans, who have more testosterone, natural or artificial, are second most common. They are problematic patients because they touch fungal infections on the floors and machines as well as the possibility it is in their gut.
This is surprisingly easy to treat, but MDs are reluctant, podiatrists recognize it as 'The Id Reaction'. But podiatrists don't have prescribing rights in most countries. A sugar free, wheat free, alcohol free diet is really, really helpful. There is a theory that the YEAST form of the Candida species helps to digest wheat, and this would explain why rice does not seem to cause a flare in Asians and only occasionally in Europeans. The fungal form of Candida is able to form a mat, a film and block the micro villi and this causes food to ferment in the gut and causes gas/farting and gut pain, by the site of the pain in the gut, low or left or right or high, you can tell where the worse infection is. No proof but that is why certain foods cause allergic symptoms, the area where they are normally absorbed in the gut is now blocked by the mat of fungal Candida species. Just a guess. Aside from the gut, it can be in SINUSES (sinii), or in the bladder or kidneys. STANDARD TREATMENT. (currently at 87% cure rate)

1. Atkins/Paleo/Keto diet for 90 days. Absolutely no sugar of any kind, no wheat in any form, no alcohol. Avoid fruit and potatoes.

2. 3 million units of sugar free Nystatin, tablets or capsules, in 4 divided doses daily for 28 days crushed to a sugar free powder with food. (very bitter). If you can, an enema twice a week of 500,000 units Nystatin in 250ml warm water. Really helpful if in the lower bowel. .

3. 300mg Itraconazole daily 150mg AM and 150mg PM with food for 28 days.

Repeat the medications for another 28 days if the hands are not clear in 28 days. Stick to the diet for 90 even if the hands are clear.

4 Mega B vitamin daily. (don’t take vitamin C, very acidic.) 5,000 iu of vitamin A for every 10 kilos of bodyweight everyday for 90 days in 4 or 5 divided doses with fatty food. DON'T GET PREGNANT!

Don’t binge at the end of 90 days. Stay off bread, sugar and beer as long as you can. Rice, Buckwheat, noodles, wine, seem ok after the 90 days. But don’t binge!!

1. Show this to your doctor. Ask him to read up on Candida and Candidasis by R. Calderone. Also W. Crook MD, the yeast connection.

The latest treatment is FMT. But that's a whole book. www.dyshidrosis.co.uk

• emma1 year agoReport

Thank you very much for the answer. I don't think I can go for enema but will surely try to follow the rest.