Dropped my 3DS in water and now the screens don’t work. Send for repairs or buy a new one?

So, I dropped my 3DS (model is new 3DS XL) in water yesterday night. It slipped off the counter and into the water bowl for my cats. Anyway, I tried putting it in rice and it didn’t help. At first, it would turn on and the top screen was messed up but then it didn’t work at all. Currently, it will turn on but then... show more So, I dropped my 3DS (model is new 3DS XL) in water yesterday night. It slipped off the counter and into the water bowl for my cats. Anyway, I tried putting it in rice and it didn’t help. At first, it would turn on and the top screen was messed up but then it didn’t work at all. Currently, it will turn on but then give me an error screen. I’m wondering if it would save me any money to just send it in for repairs, or if I should buy a new model altogether.

TL;DR: I dropped my new 3DS XL in water and I’m wondering if it would be cheaper to send it in for repairs or to just buy a new one.