I have a question for athiest, by you believing in a false religion makes you healthier, dont you think it would be wise believe in it.?

Let's say you are right. Let's say there is no god and we do not exist after we die that's it.

Dont you think it's our natural desire to pursuit something greater than this world. Wouldn't you want to believe you are going somewhere rather not existing. Let's say you have 7 month to die dont you think it benefits you to believe you are going to heaven. And christianity says you have to be good to go meaning it benefits society. All the famous athiest back then became Christians on their death bed, dont you think it would have benefit them more if they would have became Christian's earlier?

So my question is if believing in a false religion makes you healthier then dont you think it would be wise to believe in this religion

• Jea
    Favorite Answer

Let's play "What If"...

Don't concern yourself with what they say, think or do... or you become a part of the problem according to Psalm 37.

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." That exclusive statement by Jesus rules out all man-made efforts to get to God, and therefore, ultimately, heaven.

The way to God is a PERSON, not a religion.

"I am the way."

"I am the door."

"I am the gate."

Test these claims Jesus made about Himself. He is the only way into God's Kingdom: Jesus is the one and only real-life PORTAL into this spiritual dimention... a fourth dimention. His kingdom on earth.

The cross is a spiritual 'black hole' for the world's sins, crimes and evil.

Any organization that makes the (ridiculous) claim "You need Jesus PLUS US to get to heaven." is not from God. Jesus is all you will ever, ever need.

"Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest for your souls. Take My yoke upon you; for My burden is easy, and My yoke is light."

Do this and live..

Do it today.

Tomorrow may be too late. 

I don't understand how you can choose what to believe in! Sure, it's nice to think that we continue to exist after we physically die and I want to believe it, but I can't because it is illogical and in all probability, not possible. My wanting to believe in something doesn't make that something real.

I want to believe in an all powerful, benevolent creator figure who looks after me. But experience and observation has told me that the concept is completely irrational, implausible and impossible.

What you're asking is "why don't you lie to yourself to make you feel better". I'm sorry, but I prefer the truth rather than bullshit. In a work environment if a supplier tells me that the order I've placed is going to be late I can plan ahead and make arrangements so as to minimise any potential problems. If the supplier knows that he's going to be late but keeps telling me that everything's fine sure I'll sleep better at night for a week or two but then all hell will break loose when the goods don't arrive.

• Brigh6 months agoReport

Scientist taught us our mind is like a machine. If you feed it false infomation over and over again that false info becomes true in your head. Now I'm saying that false info make you live longer so why not believe in it?

"Wouldn't you want to believe you are going somewhere rather not existing."

I have no desire to own a false belief. I wouldn't get anything out of it.

• Cogito

For some people, wanting to feel that there is 'something greater than this world' is a comfort.

Yes, of course many people would like to believe they are going somewhere rather not existing.

Yes, if one had only a few months left to live, believing that there is an afterlife would be a comfort.

Maybe one or two atheists have converted on their death beds - but almost all such stories are made up - totally false.

But believing in a false religion does not make anyone healthier. It might make them feel happier, but that doesn't make it true.

I'd love to think that when I die, I'll go to a beautiful place where I'd meet all my family and friends. But I've never had any reason to think that this could be true.

No-one makes a conscious decision to believe in God, or not to believe. It's just what we honestly feel is the truth. I bet you couldn't simply decide to believe in pixies and fairies, could you?

Well, I cannot just DECIDE to believe in any religion. My gut feeling - my honest instinct - my genuine opinion is that no gods exist. I cannot change the way I feel.

• Kin

Not an atheist. Atheists are truly delusional and are in denial of truth, in denial of reality, and do not reflect. So ignore them, some people do seek truth , reflect and seek their Creator. There is nothing healthy about being a disbeliever and delusional or in cloud of delusion. It is better to have the truthful correct religion and seeking it than to live with lies and in delusions. God guides whomever He wants to His truth and those who are sincerely seeking truth and guidance.

"Dont you think it's our natural desire to pursuit something greater than this world."

No, I don't think so.

No. I see no reason to lie to myself.

Would you rather believe that there is a diamond the size of a refrigetator buried in your backyard than living a poor life? Wouldn't it be much better to have a huge diamond available if only you get your shovel and dig enough?

"And christianity says you have to be good to go meaning it benefits society."

We need laws and we pay judges and jails and police, because christianity does nothing to make people "be good". Christianities benefit to society is about zero.

"All the famous athiest back then became Christians on their death bed"

That, sir, is a lie.

"dont you think it would have benefit them more if they would have became Christian's earlier?"

No.

"So my question is if believing in a false religion makes you healthier"

You failed to show that believing in any religion might make you healthier.

If there was any religious group that was significantly healthier than all other religious groups, that would be evindence that this group believed in a correct religion.

So you think truth is unimportant, that we should just believe whatever promises us benefits.

Christianity does NOT say you have to be good to go to heaven. It says you have to believe and be baptized.

No, it's not true that atheists convert on their deathbeds. That's a blatant lie spread by religious leaders.

If the only thing that gets you through your miserable life is the belief that you'll go to Happy Land after you die, that's your problem. I don't need to believe in fantasies. I make my life better here and now.

Hi, I'm an atheist. And you are a "just-in-case" theist.

Atheists have rid themselves of those irrational fears explored by the professional religious charlatans known as clergy.

An un-deluded mind is a healthier mind....

Atheism is for mature adults....

i as an atheist am not claiming there are no gods. i personally would claim there is no yahwei, but i dont know if there are no gods. how would you prove that all famous atheists become christians on their death bed. also how does christianity benefit society. it depends on what type of society you want to live in. i personally dont want to live in a society where christians get to take slaves from the heathens around them.