Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Do you pray only to Jesus, or do you pray to the Father in Jesus name? BQ: Do you ever pray to the Holy Spirit?

Favorite Answer

Per the example Jesus gave (Mt 6:9), I mostly pray to our heavenly Father. On occasion I might find myself addressing my prayer to Jesus and even sometimes the HS.

I pray to God through Jesus. Jesus said “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6.

The difference is that praying to God is Biblical whereas praying to Jesus is not biblical. There is nowhere in the Bible where we are directed to pray to Jesus nor where we find his disciples and apostles praying to him. When on earth Jesus himself prayed to his heavenly Father, and he taught others to do likewise.

Praying in Jesus’ name glorifies his Father Jehovah God, the one who gave his Son for our benefit.

I never pray to Jesus. I follow his instruction to pray to the Father in his name, according to the examples he gives.

I never pray to the Holy Ghost. Nothing in the Bible calls him a god.

• Mintee

I as a m uslim pray to the God that Jesus prayed to.. Allah... (christians and jews in the middle east that speak arabic pray to Allah, its in the arabic bible and arabic torah, look it up).. anyways.. Jesus NEVER prayed to himself, nor to a holy spirit, He prayed to God, and thats who I pray to.. no middle man for me.. I go directly to the source

• David

I pray to the Father in Jesus name. But I also pray to Jesus directly as he invited us to do.

Pray to Jehovah not to Jesus never to the Holy Spirit it's God active force. WHY PRAY TO JEHOVAH? Jehovah wants you to pray, or talk, to him. How do we know that? Please read Philippians 4:6, 7. Think about that kind invitation. The Ruler of the universe is deeply interested in you and wants you to tell him about how you feel and about your problems.

Prayer helps us to have a close friendship with Jehovah. When friends regularly talk to each other about their thoughts, concerns, and feelings, their friendship grows stronger. It’s similar with prayer to Jehovah. Through the Bible, he has shared his thoughts and feelings with you, and he tells you what he will do in the future. You can share even your deepest feelings with him by talking to him regularly. As you do this, your friendship with Jehovah will grow much stronger.​—James 4:8.

nope...........

Holy Spirit is not a person or being or angel. It is the Power of God.

Obviously the Three are not equals. You pray to God through his Son Jesus Christ.

I’m so tired of the false doctrine The Trinity, such a lie that makes no sense even logically...

God is straightforward with his teachings, and does not confuse them. False teachers twists teaching and confuse them just to scare people and make more followers.....

• Michael

Receiving God’s Holy Spirit Today
      https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1957526?q=Holy+Spirit&p=par

• Michze

You left out the Saints and Semiramis: Queen of Heaven disguised as that jewish woman.

• Frank

Anon is angry with liberals. He wants them dead. Not very Christian of him is it? He wants them to burn in hell.

I thought followers of Jesus were supposed to be doing what Jesus said to do, which was love each other.

So which is it? Anger or love?

I am an atheist. I don’t pray. I am not an ignorant child.

I pray everyday for God to destroy the liberals on this earth and send them to their right place in the fires of Hell.

• Nonona

Matthew 7:“Stop judging that you may not be judged; 2 for with the judgment you are judging, you will be judged, and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you.