Do any of you wish that your parents were more strict?

I was bought up in London by working class parents. They are not very well educated but they are socially and emotionally intelligent. My mother had a very traumatic childhood so it effected her self-esteem and confidence throughout her whole life. She has never worked and is very scared of working. My dad is very... show more I was bought up in London by working class parents. They are not very well educated but they are socially and emotionally intelligent. My mother had a very traumatic childhood so it effected her self-esteem and confidence throughout her whole life. She has never worked and is very scared of working. My dad is very hard working and is not afraid to get out there and earn money. He has paid for a mortgage and I he always made sure he had enough money. They are relatively young. I am 26 and they are in their early/mid 40s. They are still working life out themselves. Recently I have been having a bit of a crisis myself. I feel like I am too comfortable in my life. I live at home still and most of my friends do due to the economy and stupidly high prices in London. I have a good degree but I don't feel prepared to use it in the rral world. I feel like I have missed life lessons. I had a gf of 5 years who left me because I could not make important decisions in life and for our relationship. I let her and others walk over me. I feel like I am scared to look for work and I give up before I even try. I love my parents and they would do anything for me but maybe that is the problem. I need a kick up the ****. I want to sink or swim and the way things are I just feel like going out on my own I would sink immediately. Most of my friends from different backgrounds feel that way too.
3 answers 3