What is the best way to report a noisy vehicle?

I live in an apartment building with my older kids. There is a woman in the building that has a sports car and every time she starts up this car, it sounds like a loud screeching sound like a serpentine belt or some kind of belt issue. This has been going on for months now. Sometimes she even starts the car up at... show more I live in an apartment building with my older kids. There is a woman in the building that has a sports car and every time she starts up this car, it sounds like a loud screeching sound like a serpentine belt or some kind of belt issue. This has been going on for months now.

Sometimes she even starts the car up at 5 o'clock in the morning so it wakes us up sometimes. It's not every day but often and has been going on for months. I want to leave a note or report it somehow but I am not sure what my action should be.

Would it be customary to leave a note on the car or should I report it to the apartment manager? She parks on the street but on the front or side of the building.