Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 6 months ago

Parents that do not spank! How do you discipline your children?

Favorite Answer

My mother didn’t spank but when we misbehaved we had something taken away from us. We’d be sent to bed early too. It would be monitored by a star chart and if we hadn’t done anything wrong by the end of a week we’d get extra pocket money and if nothing wrong for a month we’d get something bigger. This depends on the age and what not but for younger kids it’s a good method. We always tried to behave better with a goal or something to motivate us to behave

Reward good behavior... KEYS TO COMMUNICATION

• LizB

Mostly loss of privileges. However, "discipline" doesn't just mean punishment, it also means encouraging good/desired behavior, which is what I focus on probably 95% of the time. I set expectations, I remind as necessary, I encourage consideration and empathy, I praise regularly, and reward periodically. Encouraging desired behavior IMO is a thousand times more effective than waiting until your kid does something bad and then laying down the law.

Natural consequences. Loss of privileges. Easiest and most effective of all, by modeling acceptable behavior and basic common courtesy.

It's hardly rocket science, and a lot easier than just lazying out and smacking your kid around.

They dont

They let the child do what ever they want, when they want and only put them in time out or talk to them and the child learns nothing what so ever, they just keep on doing what they want and they become spoiled teens that refuse to get a job or anything

All kids need to be spanked

whipping and solitary confinement or be real strict and dont let them on social media

Children are individuals so there are no universal answers that apply. You have to experiment to determine what punishments are more effective than others. And besides spanking is only effective when they are a certain age anyway, my kids are older.

• patty

I leave them out in the rain for an hour or if not raining I leave them outside for an hour in the dark

• Satan

It's the 21st century - You can turn off their internet and lock their phones