why are so many people growing their own fruits and vegetables when we have grocery stores and farmers markets on every corner?

there are grapes, apples, limes, lemons, etc... in every grocery store in america. why go through the trouble to buy a lemon or lime tree?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I know right! Why don't farmers just buy their produce from the supermarket instead of growing it?

• patty
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

people grow their own stuff to save money (seeds are very cheap) they also do this to avoid pesticides that farmers use. people also really love gardening and if u have a big backyard then make use of it. This stuff can also be use it to barter for other items.

• Login to reply the answers
  • LP7
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

cheaper tastier connection with nature, education,enjoyment what else

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It's cheaper and healthier and fun. My mother had a large vegetable garden and fruit trees as I was growing up. I loved her tomatoes, they tasted so much better than store bought ones.

• 7 months ago

Some people sell fruits and vegetables to the farmers market.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

We never know what chemicals are being put onto our fruits and vegetables so some people like to grow their own food so they can control what does and what doesn't go into them.

• patty
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

people may not like to grow food with pesticides

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.