Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 5 months ago

Which war is more significant in the US, Civil war or WW2?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I would narrowly have to say the US Civil War was more significant. If the USA had fragmented and not stayed unified, WWI and WWII will have had different outcomes.

• 5 months ago

The Civil War was more significant for the US than World War II.

• 5 months ago

Both of them are but WWII is more significant while Civil War is more complained about and misunderstood.

• 5 months ago

Civil is more significant

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Fred
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Percentage of population engaged, number of casualties, industrial changes in North and South, civil rights, economic and political change of power from South to North.

U.S. Civil War in clear lead; WW2 a close 2nd.!

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Stupid question. That's analogous to asking whether hydrogen or oxygen is more important for a water molecule. They were both hugely and equally significant. It also doesn't belong in the philosophy forum. FAIL

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I would say WWII. It saw the introduction of nuclear warfare, which changed the nature of war and diplomacy forever.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It is actually the cold war as it is going on now as we speak

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I'm going to guess the civil war. It was the bloodiest war In American history and changed a ton of things about politics, government, culture, and civil rights. I think all in all it had a bigger impact on America then WW2.

• John P
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

WW1 was the war which made the USA a world power, and WW1 led to WW2, in which the USA emerged as an even bigger world power. The nature of the question says that it was asked by a "Little American", a person concerned only with internal USA matters.

• 5 months ago

WW2 was in Europe and the East, not the US. So, I suppose the answer would be the Civil War.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.