App needed to send money to my kid?

I need to find an Android friendly app where I can send my teen allowance money. I don't want him to have to keep track of a debit card & I want him to be able to pay for items using a barcode from an app that I pre-load with whatever money amount. (Cash App doen't work since he doesn't have a bank acct & bad reviews on Venmo.) Any other app suggestions?

Better not because he will waste the money

Greenlight. It is connected to a debit card and backed by Amazon. At least read about it.

https://www.greenlightcard.com/

I don't think there is another way to send someone money in a form that they can spend.

A teen needs to learn proper money management and the first step is to have a bank account.

Bank of America in conjunction with the Khan Academy has the Better Money Habits programs.

I've never had a problem with Venmo. I've been using it for years. I've done a quick google search on reviews and there are about 10 to 2 positive reviews.

Is there an issue with using google pay or apple pay?