Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Dining OutOther - Dining Out · 5 months ago

Would you walk out of a restaurant with a food list board not giving the prices? Why should I have to ask the prices of 5 items, so I left?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Typically, the prices for the daily specials on the chalk board would reflect the typical prices as shown on the menu. So, the price range can be guessed. Howsoever, it is a law that items in grocery stores be labeled with a price (either on the product or the shelf where the product is stocked), so prices should be on the blackboard, I do believe.

However, I would ask the prices of the dishes I might be interested in. When I dine out, I set a budget for myself, including a tip. So, if something is five dollars over my budget, plus my typical 20% tip, that is more than I wanted to spend on that meal. It is also sometimes awkward to ask "how much is the tuna melt special" how much is the "bowl of seafood bisque". But, I would just ask anyway.

Sometimes I do not even look at the special board without prices and order straight from the menu. Sometimes the waitress does recite the specials and their prices, even though the prices are not written on the special board.

• 5 months ago

Electricity of daily life, has jumped into you head.

• In
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

If they can take the time to write the menu on the board then they can take the time write the prices down too. Take your business elsewhere.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I would ask the price of every single item and then change my mind and walk out. If they waste enough time explaining prices they might decide to go ahead and list them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Not if the food were good. I don't mind asking for prices

• Bob
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I think that I would also walk out.

• User
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

Yes. What if the item I order is like $18,000?

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes, I would walk out as well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.