Melissa asked in HealthDental · 6 months ago

Should I give my teeth a break?

I use flouride because I have dry mouth due to medication! Should I give them a break every now and then or is it ok to use it all the time? I use a mild flouride that is safe for everyday use I got from the dentist! Only serious answers please!

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

We use fluroride toothpaste every day in the UK and it is in our water. If you have a dry mouth then suck glycerine pastiles, you can buy these from a pharmacist.

As long as you're not ingesting the fluoride I wouldn't worry too much. It is only toxic when ingested.

• k w

remember this site, it usually has DIY remedies that work, [ earthclinic.com/ailments/dry-mouth-remedies/ ]

As long as you aren't brushing more than 3 times a day, it's fine. Fluoride is good for your teeth but brushing more than 2 times a day even with fluoride free toothpaste is too much and unnecessary.