Would you say the type of socialism we have in the UK and Australia is beneficial?

There is a general misconception that a lot of money is going to slackers. While I admit there are some slackers who are abusing the system, the vast majority of income redistribution goes to hardworking people who would be incredibly poor without the assistance that they receive.

The masses would not have basic education or healthcare without some socialist policies. If we follow the hard right and take everything from people who need it then society as a whole would be much worse off.

Communism has killed millions with their dictatorship regimes so no thank you we are a democracy and we should stay that way

Facts are 10% of people own 90% of everything, if it wasn't for socialism it would probably be 99% of everything.

• Zirp

Those countries do not have any socialist economy.

Centrelink is socialism.

We have welfarism. Look at Old Coward.

No I would not say that .

I would call it destructive

I agree entirely. There will always be people who will abuse any system, the idle who aren't willing to work or people who have prescriptions dispensed that they don't really really need.

I'm sure of one thing, I'm sure that Australia,

the UK and every other country that has similar safety nets for the less fortunate are far better countries to live in for all because of those safety nets.