Would you say the type of socialism we have in the UK and Australia is beneficial?

There is a general misconception that a lot of money is going to slackers. While I admit there are some slackers who are abusing the system, the vast majority of income redistribution goes to hardworking people who would be incredibly poor without the assistance that they receive. The masses would not have basic... show more There is a general misconception that a lot of money is going to slackers. While I admit there are some slackers who are abusing the system, the vast majority of income redistribution goes to hardworking people who would be incredibly poor without the assistance that they receive.

The masses would not have basic education or healthcare without some socialist policies. If we follow the hard right and take everything from people who need it then society as a whole would be much worse off.