Do you believe parents of autistic kids can make it worse for the child?

First of all if you have an autistic child, I am not coming at you I dunno your situation. This is based on what I saw with my ex fiance (21 year old autistic male) and my brother ( 20 year old and autistic) .. Autism is a spectrum and both my ex and my brother are high end.. Just the difference between my brother... show more First of all if you have an autistic child, I am not coming at you I dunno your situation.
This is based on what I saw with my ex fiance (21 year old autistic male) and my brother ( 20 year old and autistic) .. Autism is a spectrum and both my ex and my brother are high end.. Just the difference between my brother and my ex was our family never treated my brother different.. although he could easily get angered or feel uncomfortable when stuff didn't go his way we taught him that "hey you will never have it your way all the time as much as you cry, scream or smash things up.." and he now holds down a full time job, struggles with anxiety but takes his meds.. then there's my ex he was always given the autism card, his mom would give him anything and everything he wanted also pumping him full of unnecessary sedatives to mellow him out, she is a lovely woman and dealt with him alone, he was the cause of her divorce.. but her entire life revolves around keeping him comfortable 24/7 and i think personally it's vital to teach kids especially autistic ones that life doesn't bend for them... the more life bends for them the more they push for it to bend, autistic people are people, lovely, individual, sweet people.. that's why i almost married one, but they can also be selfish, controlling and not very accepting to change.. that's why i didn't