What spelling do you think works best for a girl? Leighton or Layton?

I’m in love with this name for a girl. I think it’s adorable and cute but can also be sophisticated when she’s older. I also think it can work a little spunky if that’s more the way she rolls. I’m just in love. But I’m having a dilemma with the spelling. I love Leighton, it’s my first choice. I’m not so much worried about it being pronounced wrong, I’m more worried people will think I’m dumb for spelling it that way. Kind of like Reagan instead of grammatically correct Raegan. I’m not against Layton, I just don’t love the look when it’s written.

Leighton is pretty and elegant. It’s sophisticated. I think it works better. It seems more feminine, Layton seems more masculine. But definitely Leighton. Layton is not quiet as elegant. And it doesn’t look much like a girlish name. I don’t like how Layton is written either.

Leighton is my favourite. Looks more sophisticated

I like Leighton way better than Layton.. Leighton looks prettier and I love the spelling. I know a little girl named Leighton and I have not heard it pronounced wrong yet. Leighton to me, looks more feminine as well.

Leighton. I don’t like how Layton looks. Not a pretty spelling.

Leighton looks and sounds beautiful!

I prefer Layton, but it's really your choice

Leighton for a girl . Layton for a boy

• LizB

Leighton would be pronounced Lee-ton.

• Marie

No it’s Layton. That’s how my friends last name is spelled and said

I like Leighton b/c it makes it more beautiful I think

• Jill

I prefer Leighton but to me this is a boys name.

• Jill

Where I'm from it's usually a boys name - Leighton Hewitt (former world #1 in tennis is one example).
      I disagree that Leigh doesn't work for boys - it's the name as Lee.