Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 6 months ago

While trying to fix my ingrowing toenail I accidently took out the sking thats supposed to be underneath my toenail.?

This happend by complete accident, the nail that now underneath the skin is hurting, it getting swallowen and it s secrating puss sometimes. Im using Neosporin for the pain and so infection doesn t spread but I dont know hoe to fix it. I honestly don t want to got to the hospital, if i do its going to be my last resort. So im hoping someone has a good way to fix it.

Being infected (i.e. puss in the wound), you need to keep it bandaged and clean it 4 times a day. If this has been going on for a time, you need to make an appointment with your general practitioner or a podiatrist.

Unless the pain is intolerable, this isn't something to visit the ER about.

I got an ingrown toenail when I was 14. My mom tried soaking it in an epsom salts bath but it didn't work. My toe got worse and worse, and when I began coming home from school every day with the toe of my sock soaked in blood, Mom finally took me to a doctor, and he had to just remove it! He gave me novocaine and then just took a pliers and pulled it off--like a dentist pulling a tooth! Scared the hell out of me because I wasn't expecting it.

If your toe is making pus, that means it's infected. Back before antibiotics, people would DIE from an infection like that!

• Cristal6 months agoReport

**** then i guess going to the doctor 😬 thank u👌🏽

• Andy C

Smash it with a ha.mer. The entire nail will fall off.

• Cristal6 months agoReport

Damn man that hard 😂 but I think ill pass

• no it isn't very good