My father is buying me a new car, he’s willing to pitch in $15,000. But I have no money for insurance.?

My father and I do not have a great relationship. I actually ran away when I was 18. I’ve finally came back home due to financial issues, which my family isn’t aware of. My father has offered to buy me a new car and willing to give me $15,000. I am flattered and I appreciate this. However, insurance and every other car expenses I will have to pay. Which I find reasonable. But I do not have the money for either right now. I’m worried my father will find out when i go to a dealership as to how bad my credit is. I have no idea how car buying works. If my father goes with me will he find out about my terrible finance situation. If I get an insurance of 4000 for example. I can pay the monthly right now. I just don’t want my father knowing of how broke I am. Help?

Also I have been driving the family’s second car ,since I came back home, to work. Hence why my father lovingly wants me to get a car of my own.

A boomerang loser child. Can you not handle any situations? I ran away at nineteen. LOL otherwise known as time to go.

Just keep on driving the family's second car, and put the new car on hold for now.

1. Dad, thanks for the car but I cannot afford the insurance so never mind.

Speaking of dad, why the heck didn't he put the $15k toward your debt?

• May

Use $10,000. of the $15,000. for a car and the rest for insurance, taxes and DMV fees.

You "Actually" ran away huh? How is that different from just running away?

$15K is enough to buy a decent used car and afford insurance, gas, and basic maintenance for about a year (or more, depending on how much you actually spend on the car).

If he's giving you cash, you can buy the car outright - and not have a loan, so you would only be required to have liability insurance, which is much cheaper. The actual amount of your insurance will depend on your driving record, and some other factors.

If you aren't already working, I suggest getting a job - but having transportation given to you will be a big help in both finding and keeping a job.

• g

If you can't afford to insure an automobile you can't afford the automobile! Period.

'I just don’t want my father knowing of how broke I am.'

Those are the words of an irresponsible CHILD. Grow the frak up, and face REALITY.

You will have to negotiate with your dad on the basis of the REALITY of your current credit rating, and how it got that way. And, he would save money if he got you a nice used car, and used the saved money to help cover the insurance.

If even that isn't going to do it, well, you're going have to get used to taking the bus for the next few years. That's called a *consequence*, have a five year old explain that word's meaning to you.

At 18 you move out you don't runaway.

Be an adult and tell your father you can't afford the car insurance and the maintenance .Time to grow up.