My father is buying me a new car, he’s willing to pitch in $15,000. But I have no money for insurance.?

My father and I do not have a great relationship. I actually ran away when I was 18. I’ve finally came back home due to financial issues, which my family isn’t aware of. My father has offered to buy me a new car and willing to give me $15,000. I am flattered and I appreciate this. However, insurance and every other... show more My father and I do not have a great relationship. I actually ran away when I was 18. I’ve finally came back home due to financial issues, which my family isn’t aware of. My father has offered to buy me a new car and willing to give me $15,000. I am flattered and I appreciate this. However, insurance and every other car expenses I will have to pay. Which I find reasonable. But I do not have the money for either right now. I’m worried my father will find out when i go to a dealership as to how bad my credit is. I have no idea how car buying works. If my father goes with me will he find out about my terrible finance situation. If I get an insurance of 4000 for example. I can pay the monthly right now. I just don’t want my father knowing of how broke I am. Help?
Also I have been driving the family’s second car ,since I came back home, to work. Hence why my father lovingly wants me to get a car of my own.