What does it mean when a guy says I'll think about it if you ask him to meet you next time?

so a guy I was really into. We met today for a date. He came late, didn't keep the conversation going, he said to meet at a pizza place, I only bought a drink and he ordered nothing. He came 30 mins late. He originally didnt answer me for 3 days and didn't give his mobile. We communciated on a non dating... show more so a guy I was really into. We met today for a date.
He came late, didn't keep the conversation going, he said to meet at a pizza place, I only bought a drink and he ordered nothing. He came 30 mins late.
He originally didnt answer me for 3 days and didn't give his mobile.
We communciated on a non dating website.
There was no intimacy.
And he looked totally different than I remembered when I last saw him. I thought he'd be older but he's 3 years younger than me and I thought he would have been at least 5 or more years older than me.
I said I had to go and he kept staring at me awkwardly and didn't keep the conversation going. I kept talking, it was so awkward. I ended the date, he didn't walk me back to my car and it didn't feel like a date at all.
I asked ..did you want to meet again next time? he said 'I'll think about it', it sounds like a no. Then why did he agree to go out with me..? I feel like giving up and soon. What does it mean 'I'll think about it', why won't he just say NO? It seems like a no.
Update: I want an honest and more intricate answer...because I don't want to invest more time on this.