Promoted

Why do some people not want children?

I'm just curious as to why some people don't want children

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

It costs a fortunate to raise a child successfully. In the country where I live there is no mandated maternity leave so a pregnancy often means the end of a career (in a nation where it absolutely takes two incomes to survive). Children require massive amounts of attention and make it to where people can't travel, enjoy luxuries or even get a decent night's sleep. Also because fewer people these days employ the longer thinking to realize that without children you're going to die alone in most cases. So they trade the immediate freedoms for a future of growing old alone.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 12 months ago

In my case it's because I knew I'd make a lousy father, and one of the things this world needs less of is lousy dads.

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

I'd much rather fast cars, luxury holidays and be free to do as I like than be burdened with screeching, shiitting, puking sprogs.

• 12 months ago

Because naturalized people come in by the millions and both naturalized and American people keep popping out children like it doesnt make a difference in the cost of living. Why bring children into the world for them to "hope" they can get a future with an over amount of people already in it?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Med 10
    Lv 6
    12 months ago

Here's a hint. (90% of all abortions are because the child isn't wanted.And a child would be an inconvenience to their life style. Does that give you an idea.

Source(s): Abortion/No
  • 12 months ago

The world is bad enough as it is today, why would I want to bring a child into it when it is only going to be worse?

• 12 months ago

They're expensive, and they usually refuse to follow the path you lay out for them.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Because I do not want to have to worry about someone for the rest of my life. Better than me having them and feeling this way

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

The world is going to pot right now.

It's already severely over-populated.

It's polluted.

Climate change is threatening to overwhelm and wipe out our civilization.

Because of this, going childless is becoming much more common. I mean, would you want to subject a child to such a bleak future?

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

They are worried about overpopulation and selfish people who don't care about creating a sustainable population level.

Some realise that the world is a nasty place and wish they were never born themselves and wouldn't wish life on their worst enemies.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.