Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenDo It Yourself (DIY) · 6 months ago

What's the brightest lamp I can get?

I want to turn it on during daylight cause I have a crazy neighbor who keeps turning on his lights during the day to annoy me. So I can give him a taste of his own medicine!

Just skip directly to the physical assault and avoid the games.

If your neighbor is as crazy as you are I'm sure your bright lamp on during the day will be a major concern to him or her.

Without getting too crazy expensive, 500w halogen worklights are focused and heat the house too.

What you need to experiment with is high intensity arc lighting. A brief flash of this and your neighbor will sh!t in his pants. It is either the visitation or the second coming.

Why be crazy like the neighbor? Him burning his lights during daylight hours cost him money in his electrical bill. Maybe he has them on sensors or timers and they are out of wack and he don't know it yet. Machines fail - so they will not rule the world.

You can get lamps that they use at large construction sites...1000W or 10,000W and you proved nothing. You could also get a mirror and on a sunny day set it so it reflects the sunlight into the neighbors house or 70billion watts and hopefully he does not have a mirror to reflect it back.

Needless to say this is childish.

A friend of mine bought floodlights being auctioned off from a football ground.

Mind you his leccy bill was pretty big when he ran them.

You need a hobby...

The brightest single bulb is probably this https://youtu.be/LT5_-A0m8_U

Youtube thumbnail

, although one commentor claimed that the Luxor lamp in Las Vegas would be the brightest lamp - but that one uses 39 bulbs of 7 kW each.

As to whether you can get any of those - that would depend on your financial situation. That, and your ability to commandeer the output of a regional power station.

A LED light bc it is pretty bright cuz it lights up my whole room

That sounds insane. How would his lights being on - during the day - bother you? And why waste the electric on something so petty?