PC having trouble staying connected to internet, should I invest in a range extender?

So recently, my PC has been having trouble staying connected to my internet. I don't use a wired connection, and I use a router provided by XFinity. My issue specifically is that about one or two times per hour, I won't have access to the internet, and the only information that I am given is that my... show more So recently, my PC has been having trouble staying connected to my internet. I don't use a wired connection, and I use a router provided by XFinity. My issue specifically is that about one or two times per hour, I won't have access to the internet, and the only information that I am given is that my computer is "Identifying". It eventually comes back within a minute or two, but it gets really annoying while I am playing online with friends and I lose connection. I was going to invest in a range extender, so that I can start using a wired connection and hopefully this problem would go away, but if there is anything else I can do before I go blow like $30 bucks, that'd be helpful.

EDIT: I tried to add a screenshot of what it looks like when my computer is identifying my connection, but Yahoo isn't letting me, so apologies if my explanation was ****.