I would like to visit an area with maybe lots of sailor folklore-a coastal town or city or whatever with maybe lighthouses or fishnet decor?

I want to find someplace with lots of old school information about sailor beliefs, myths and legends (Like sirens, krakens, it’s bad luck if a lady comes on board a ship or something etc etc) I’m imagining perhaps a small coastal town with lighthouses or buildings that go a little over the water? As well as lots of... show more I want to find someplace with lots of old school information about sailor beliefs, myths and legends (Like sirens, krakens, it’s bad luck if a lady comes on board a ship or something etc etc) I’m imagining perhaps a small coastal town with lighthouses or buildings that go a little over the water? As well as lots of fishnet or seashell decor-I’m generally thinking Maine since that seems to be the only area I’ve really heard of that has stuff sort of like that but I will be happy to take suggestions about any place! (Even if it isn’t America)