Type 1 diabetes fat atrophy?

I'm experiencing loss of fat around my injection sites on the right side of my abdomen, where I take my basal. I had previously injected insulin only on my abdomen area, rotating as best as I can, for about 9 months. It became too painful and I finally grew the confidence to inject in other areas like my legs.... show more I'm experiencing loss of fat around my injection sites on the right side of my abdomen, where I take my basal. I had previously injected insulin only on my abdomen area, rotating as best as I can, for about 9 months. It became too painful and I finally grew the confidence to inject in other areas like my legs. So for 2 months I haven't injected in my abdomen, and in those 2 months is when I have noticed this dip in the right side of my abdomen, where the fat loss is. I googled it and the first thing that came up was to do with atrophy.

Do I need to see a doctor? Will the fat return? Will it happen on my legs as well, even when I'm rotating? I seem to bruise easily from these injections and they're often very painful. Is it a reaction? Do I need to change insulins?

Obviously I'll book an appointment just in case, but it's nice to have some input while I wait for that. Cheers.
Update: EDIT: I take NovoRapid and Lantus, since July 2018 when I was diagnosed.