Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 5 months ago

Can someone with heart failure run 2 miles?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Heart Failure is caused By the heart's Inability for any number of reasons and causes To properly filter the blood "normally" so there is a build up of "WATER" in the body most people 's 1st indicator is swollen ankles, feet and legs ... (obviously people who dont realize whats going on (read all these answers and You will see most dont) in the easliest stages could "easily run and Normal walking and exercise (light jogging) might even be suggested by a Cardiologist You might see Younger Old people (40-60) doing more the Older Old folks in the 70's and 80's BUT if they're been active runners they're whole lives why not ? People with "Heart Failure" are usually given Dieretics ("lasix") to make them pee to get rid of the excess water. people can easily live many years with "heart failure" (which used to be called congestive heart failure) which becomes More deadly in bed ridden people as organs Shut down at the end of life, the Paracardium which protects the heart (like a sandwiuch baggie) usually also fills with "water" and puts more and more pressure on the heart basicly stopping it obviously thats at the very far end of the spectrum, I dont see your running being approved to be an ollympic Runner But under a doctors supervision and care you would more then likely find benefits

• 5 months ago

No its dangerous.

• 5 months ago

No, heart failure means you're either dead or having a heart attack, I have a weak heart and have never been able to run 1/2 a mile without stopping and walking.

running 2 miles with a bad heart is not good for you, it's dangerous, you're better off walking.

• Carson
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

Yes

As long as a car follows with O2 and a defibrillator

The runner will find out if KICK START MY HEART really works.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Sunshine, with heart failure your clock is under an immediate strain and you drop dead. Therefore the ability to run at all. let alone 2 miles is something of a stretch of the imagination. Suffering from a weak heart and then attempting to run 2 miles is quite another matter.

• 5 months ago

No. They usually drop dead at the 1/2 mile mark.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

I'm sure they can.

• 5 months ago

yes of course but it will be dangerous and he shouldnt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.