promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Angie
Lv 5
Angie asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 11 months ago

Is there any legitimate way to meet friends on the internet?

I’m 41 and have a busy life. I do not have time to meet up with people or maintain a serious friendship. I do not have any actual friends, but there are times I would like to connect with someone perhaps just be able to message them and discuss different things. I have looked into some apps but most of them are geared more towards dating. I tried chat rooms but most of the people in the few I could find were very young or simply looking for a hook up.

Thanks for any suggestions.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

You can't make "friends" over the internet. The people you're talking with over the internet, you've never met; you'll probably never meet them; you wouldn't know who they were if you saw them walking down the street; and so you can't be "friends" with them. Over the internet, you don't know their actual age, and you might think you're talking with a woman, when actually you're talking with a 40-year-old man who still lives in his mother's basement.

If you want to make real friends, then take some time out of your "busy life", and go out and meet new people face-to-face and get to know them.

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Angie: You & your husband are the exception to the rule, & you know it. Most people can't "make friends" with someone they talk to only over the internet - and you know THAT too!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

There are many platonic meetup sites online but most revolve around some kind of activity. So you could join an online book club, a community devoted to saving endangered species, et al. Pick your interests and seek out the likeminded. This is how older adults make friends.

• -
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

If you have time to get on the computer and tell your life story to strangers on the internet, you have time to go out and meet real people.

• Angie
      Lv 5
      11 months agoReport

Wow. A little harsh. Thanks for reminding me why it is I don’t want people in my life to begin with.

• lila
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

"I do not have time to meet up with people or maintain a serious friendship."

Well, you are going to have a very sad and lonely life then. I feel sorry for people like you who are too selfish and lazy to invest their time and energy into anyone but themselves. Very sad.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

no............................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.