Nah asked in Cars & TransportationMotorcycles · 7 months ago

Has anyone put a katana front end on a gs750?

I just wrecked my 1980 gs750e and its gonna need a new front end. I have a brand new front end off of a 1996 katana 600. Do they make kits to swap these? I found a lot of info on swapping gsxr front end but nothing about the katana. Any info greatly appreciated, thanks.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Check the suzuki site or a dealers parts book. Head stock of trees will have bearing numbers- good chance that neck and bearing interchange, should be tapered rollers , close to same neck length. Tubes may be different - 15 years difference in making forks, subcontractor and newer may be air filled. 36mm to 45mm tube diameters , price change for quantity of different pattern for different model more than 10 years could happen. tape measure and calipers if nothing else. I have Yamha tubes in Honda trees on little CM400, same subcontractor, fits good. 450 Honda front to Harley necked trike needed roller bearing kit and a shim. BSA front on Indian frame- ball thrust bearing from bearing catalog made it work. Check Suzi site- might get actual swap info.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Tim D
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

That is the kind of thing that an owner's club is ideal for.

Before you go too far check that the head stock is not oval.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

If you wrecked the front forks, have you checked the frame to be sure it's not bent? It should be fairly easy to replace the forks, but a bent frame can really screw up the handling.

• 7 months ago

You need to look up the specs on the size of forks tubes for your year and the '96 to see if they are the same or you will need to change the triple tree also.

Source(s): Riding/racing for 55+ yrs.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

yes indeed someone has done that

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.