Both me and my best friend are adults and I wanted to adopt her. Her mom passed away when she was 17 and has practically no family. I mentio?

Both me and my best friend are adults and I wanted to adopt her. Her mom passed away when she was 17 and has practically no family. I mentioned to her once would she love to be part of my family and without hesitation she said yes. I wanted to surprise her for 28th birthday in November with the papers. How Can I go... show more Both me and my best friend are adults and I wanted to adopt her. Her mom passed away when she was 17 and has practically no family. I mentioned to her once would she love to be part of my family and without hesitation she said yes. I wanted to surprise her for 28th birthday in November with the papers. How Can I go about adopting her in NY( where we live and from)