Is it worse to be homeless in very hot weather (90F+) or bitterly cold weather (sub 32F)?

It amazes me that people say it's hard to survive the cold outdoors if you're homeless you'll freeze to death. All you have to do is get a zero degree sleeping bag and get bundle up (church will usually provide those things) to an extreme degree and it'll be easy surviving the weather. But heat on... show more It amazes me that people say it's hard to survive the cold outdoors if you're homeless you'll freeze to death.

All you have to do is get a zero degree sleeping bag and get bundle up (church will usually provide those things) to an extreme degree and it'll be easy surviving the weather.

But heat on the other hand, you literally cannot escape unless you're sheltered somewhere. You can't just put blankets on, and you can't transport an air conditioner everywhere you go. It's miserable being on foot in the heat.

I just don't understand why Miami, Nevada, Southern California, and many other very warm climatic areas in the south are so attractive to homeless people. You'd DIE living like that. At least I will.