Can I have a belly piercing in the Air Force?

According to the memo released by the Air Force in April 2019 it reads: 3.5.1. In uniform on or off a military installation: With the exception of earrings for women (see paragraphs 6.3.1.1), all members are prohibited from attaching, affixing, or displaying objects, articles, jewelry or ornamentation to or... show more According to the memo released by the Air Force in April 2019 it reads:

3.5.1. In uniform on or off a military installation: With the exception of earrings for women
(see paragraphs 6.3.1.1), all members are prohibited from attaching, affixing, or displaying
objects, articles, jewelry or ornamentation to or through the ear, nose, tongue, eye brows,
lips, or any exposed body part (includes visible through the uniform).
3.5.2. In civilian attire on official duty on or off a military installation: With the exception
of earrings for women (see paragraphs 6.3.1.1), all members are prohibited from attaching,
affixing or displaying objects, articles, jewelry or ornamentation to and/or through the ear,
nose, tongue, eye brows, lips, or any exposed body part (includes visible through clothing).
3.5.3. In civilian attire off duty on a military installation: With the exception of earrings for
women (see paragraphs 6.3.1.1) and areas in and around military family and privatized
housing, all Air Force members are prohibited from attaching, affixing and/or displaying
objects, articles, jewelry or ornamentation to and/or through the ear, nose, tongue, eye brows,
lips, or any exposed body part (includes visible through clothing).

To me this means a belly piercing is fine because it wouldn't be visible in any of the proscribed clothing. Could I make it through basic on that technicality?

Memo:
https://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/af_a1/publication/afi36-2903/afi36-2903.pdf
7 answers 7