Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingNewborn & Baby · 5 months ago

Is it normal for an almost 3 month old to not have a sleep schedule?

He sleeps about 9pm and then is woken up at about 11pm or maybe 1 or 2am and then goes back to sleep until 6 or 7am and doesn’t really go back to sleep after that. He doesn’t really have a schedule to when he sleeps, he mostly just sleeps when he feels like it

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago
    Best Answer

At 3 months, waking for night time feeding or changing is still very common. If you can predict time frames in which the baby is likely to wake and sleep - then they have a "schedule". It may not be a great schedule, but it is still sleeping during the appropriate night time hours and just waking for the needs that their little body demands. Most 3 month old babies can't eat enough at one time to go for 8 to 10 hours without needing more food.

• 5 months ago

Bottle fed babies sleep a lot better than breast fed babies.

• Tri-Harder
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Completely untrue, but feel free to remain ignorant.

• LizB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Totally normal. Babies don't need to be on "schedules" anyway. As babies get older then patterns for when they want to eat and sleep will emerge, and you can gently encourage those patterns, but parents need to adapt to the baby's schedule, not the other way around.

• 5 months ago

Of course it's normal. And even if she did have a "schedule," it would likely change next week or tomorrow. A three month old is still completely reliant on her biological needs, he sleeps when his body demands it and wakes to eat the same way. In fact, waking only once a night is sleeping better than most infants his age. Waking every 2-3 hours is what's common at this age.

Also, how is going to bed at the same time each night, waking at about the same times each night, and waking for the day at the same time each morning NOT a schedule?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yes. We djdnt even attempt a schedule until 1 year old. Before that my son ate and slept when he needed it. He kind of fell into his own schedule at one

• 5 months ago

My son was 2 years old before he developed any sort of schedule. It was horrific. We tried everything to no avail.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Please tell me you aren't the parent

• GB
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Are you saying this 3 month old uses the internet? !!!

• 5 months ago

Normal .....who knows ? .....But allowing this toddler to choose her OWN sleeping schedule should not be tolerated .... and don't allow her to spend time on the internet within 2 hours of bedtime ...That could eventually lead to other problems in the future .

• GB
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

Toddler? The baby is 3 months, not 3 years old.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

What you just wrote sounds like a schedule to me.

• 5 months ago

It sure is normal.

Source(s): Mother of 3.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.