Jack asked in SportsFootball (American) · 6 months ago

Can jv players on a football team receive scholarship offers?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Cu Tie
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, it is possible for a junior varsity football player to receive a scholarship offer. Keep in mind, a player's chances of getting a scholarship to play college football depend on his/her performance in football during his/her senior year of high school. If a player performs very well in junior varsity football during his/her senior year of high school, he/she would greatly improve his/her chances of getting recruited for a scholarship to play college football.

• Blocking Back
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Offers are made before senior year. In most leagues seniors are not allowed to play JVs and no coach would waste that time on a kid who isn't likely to start varsity in a year or two.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

He can but he won't, especially if he's like you and didn't go to any camps and combines where the coaches get to know the players and what their skills are.

• Jack6 months agoReport

You don’t know anything about me though. I just went to bowling greens camp.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

At least the state where I was, seniors were not allowed on JV. Given scholarships are given to seniors, I'm not sure how they would ever be offered one. On top of that, a JV player has already shown their level of play by not being selected to the varsity team. No college in their right mind would give money away to someone at that level. Understand that a star player on varsity may not get a scholarship if they're playing against crappy opponents. JV, compared to any varsity, means you're playing against lower level opponents.

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Possibly, depending how well they played.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sure, just like a below average student can receive an academic scholarship but in both cases what would be the point of that.

• 6 months ago

They're eligible, but nobody who isn't good enough to start for their high school is likely to even play college.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.