Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 6 months ago

how comes some girls have painted toe nails but not their fingers?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

I dont have either so I cant answer that one

• 6 months ago

Personal preference and sometime a professional preference

• 6 months ago

Sometimes it may be down to personal preference, people may prefer natural fingernails and thumbnails, but like to have their toenails painted. It can also be an easy way to accessorize the feet, and also painless since having tattoos on the foot can hurt a lot, since it's a bony area.

Also, there's the issue of nail varnish chipping. It tends to last on toenails much longer since people obviously use their hands more than their feet. That plus in some jobs, it may be for hygiene purposes, like if someone works as a chef so it won't chip off and get into the food, or if someone works with animals so the animals won't eat the chipped nail varnish, since that can possibly make them ill.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It's a signal that they are street walkers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because it draws attention to their pretty feet. Yes i love a nice pedicure

• 6 months ago

idk i paint both

• Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Feet are considered to be unattractive by a lot of people, so if they are wearing sandals or barefoot (the only way you'd know that they have painted toenails), they are trying to make their feet look prettier.

They don't necessarily have that attitude towards their hands.

Another issue is that polish on fingernails can chip relatively quickly, so some people either avoid it altogether or remove polish as soon as it starts to chip, while they may still be wearing polish on their toenails.

• 6 months ago

Polish lasts longer on toe nails so they might have had nail polish on at some point but it chipped off before the toe nails.

• Vada5 months agoReport

Im not jew i actually dont follow any type of religion sooo...

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Polish on your toenails outlasts polish on the fingernails by a huge margin. I can go about three weeks on a pedicure, less than one week on a manicure.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It's a signal that they are street walkers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.