Jim2
Lv 7
Jim2 asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

George Conway says that because Trump said Clinton's rape accuser Juanita Broaddrick was courageous, he should call Jean Carroll brave too.?

Jean Carroll is TRUMP's latest rape accuser. Does Conway have a good point? Should Trump say that Jean Carroll is a courageous woman?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/george-conway-new-ra...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, he's got a point. Trump claims to believe Juanita Broaddrick's claim that Bill Clinton raped her back in the 1970s. He even called her courageous. But, as Conway points out in his article, E Jean Carroll's accusation is more credible than Broaddricks. For one thing, Juanita Broaddrick spent years denying that Clinton had ever done anything like what she eventually accused him of. She even gave a legally binding affadavit in the Paula Jones case saying that Clinton had never made sexual advances towards her. There's also the fact that something like 20 other women have accused Trump of varying levels of sexual assault or rape. That kind of corroborating evidence didn't exist with Clinton. He was a dog who chased women and fooled around, but all of the other women to speak out against him described either consensual sexual affairs or, in Paul Jones case, unwanted propositions without any actual physical contact. Then we have Trump's own words where he said flat out that he did the kind of things which E Jean Carroll describes him doing.

Republicans should be consistent on this. If they believe Juanita Broaddrick's claims, which they did in the 1990s, then they should believe E Jean Carroll and the other women who accuse Trump.

• alana
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Conway is jealous of Trump period.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Sure...............

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I agree with George Conway.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Lili
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Republicans accepted Broaddrick's claims, though she changed her story twice and denied under oath that it was true.

Personally, I have no idea whether Carroll is telling the truth. However, she has Trump's history on her side, along with the fact that he is a self-admitted groper of women. She also has his history of lies on her side. Whether or not he assaulted her, he did lie for certain about one thing: he says he never knew her. A photograph proves him wrong.

She's a pretty well-known New York writer and columnist, by the way. There's no way on earth that the publicity-hungry New Yorker Donald Trump would not have known who she was back in the 90s. I knew who she was as soon I heard the name on a television report the other night.

• 6 months ago

Although I believe Broaddrick, she had no physical evidence. Carroll may. As to your question, Trump should think about chickens coming home to roost and about glass houses. He shouldn’t have commented in the first place.

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Carroll waited until she had a book coming out before she went public with her accusations. Courageous isn't the word I'd use for that.

• 6 months ago

I think George Conway fails to understand that the Republican party couldn't exist at all if it tried to be internally consistent.

• 6 months ago

Conway was ZERO credibility. Why does his opinion matter to you?

• Mike
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

So what ? Conway is a putz

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.