patty
Lv 5
patty asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 5 months ago

is vegan the same as vegetarian?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

A vegan is a type of vegetarian. All vegans are vegetarian. Not all vegetarians are vegan.

I'm neither a vegetarian or a vegan. I don't even claim to be. I always have been, and always will be, a meat eater.

Edit: I think I know why I got a thumbs down. It's because I'm not vegan. And the militant vegans are thumbing down us non-vegans as a form of harassment. And falsely accusing us of harassment because we're not one of them makes them guilty of both harassment and bullying.

• Joe
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

A vegan is a vegetarian on meth.....

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No it is not the same

• 5 months ago

Hello

No... A vegetarian is someone who does not eat meat or consume any kind of animal product. Likewise, vegans avoid meat, poultry and seafood but they take a little step ahead by not consuming milk, eggs, honey or any product/by-product made from animal/ animal skin.

Best

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • geezer
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Vegans are also Vegetarian .. but Vegetarians are NOT Vegan.

Vegetarians do not eat any kind of meat .. or anything that meant that an animal had to die

so that would include Gelatine and Rennet.

Vegans do not eat any animal by-product at all .. Eggs, Milk, Cream, Butter, Yoghurt, Cheese

and Honey because bees make it.

Most Vegetarians/Vegans however only consider 'food' as important

so some Vegetarians will still quite happily wear Leather (an animal had to die !)

and Vegans will wear Wool and Silk (both animal by-products !)

• Wendigo
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

Wrong a vegan will NOT wear leather, silk or wool.

• 5 months ago

No vegans do not drink milk , eat cheese , eat eggs and eat fish , while some vegetarians do drink milk , eat cheese , eat eggs and eat fish

• SIR
      Lv 7
      4 months agoReport

If you eat fish but no other meat then you are called pescetarian, not vegetarian.

• 5 months ago

No vegetarians just aren't allowed to eat meat but vegans can't eat anything that comes from aniamls like milk, cheese, eggs etc

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Exactly the same, that's right. That's why there are two terms for it!

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

"Vegan" is a more extreme version of vegetarianism that allows absolutely no animal products of any kind in their diet. Vegetarians can eat eggs and dairy products.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No, it is not the same.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.