Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 6 months ago

Which would be better to pair with an i5 9400F cpu?

Raedon RX 580 or Nvidia GTX 1660 ti?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • YKhan
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The 1660Ti is a newer generation card, so it's going to be a slight bit better. However, RX 580 might be better matched to that processor, as that processor might bottleneck the faster card. The RX 580 is also quite a bit cheaper too.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

It doesn't matter because the CPU would perform the same with either card. The RTX 2070 would work great with the Core i5-9400f and that's a faster card than both the ones you picked.

What GPU you should pick is the one that gives you the most performance for the dollar. Sometimes the cheapest Graphics card isn't the best deal.

There's too much new hardware coming out within the next month so I wouldn't recommend buying anything until everything has been released.

• Fulano
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It depends on what you do with it. If you run more graphics intensive stuff, the GTX is about 30% faster. If the stuff you run isn't as graphics intensive then the RX is cheaper.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1...

The CPU you have doesn't really matter, unless it's what's limiting the program from going faster.

You can watch your GPU load as you run your programs in Task Manger if you use Windows 10. Or Speccy or MSI Afterburner. If the GPU load is maxing out, that means you need a faster GPU to improve performance. If the GPU load isn't maxing out then the program is probably waiting on the CPU.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.