Last book you read, that made you go wow!!!?

A spoiler-free synopsis is appreciated, but not necessary.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

This is an online book. You can read half of it on Wattpad or from the blog itself.

It's called Dead in Bed by Bailey Simms. When a sexually transmitted plague breaks out in Ashley Young's small town, leaving its victims with a bizzarely amplified libido, everything about her life changes.

It's a thriller, zombie apocalypse type of story and really fun. Alongside the main story is the story of the author herself and how she escaped from her kidnapper. Quite the fun journey

• 6 months ago

The Top Secret Diary of Davina Dupree by S K Sheridan!!!

• Nick Hornby's State of the Union

I'd call it a short story in length. Picked it up off the library's "new" shelf last week and it was a delightful little read.

Hornby is one of those authors that specializes in writing a good "scene," a little slice of life which seems very realistic. This book was roughly a dozen such scenes, between a man and wife who meet at a pub before their weekly marriage therapy meeting.

Now it isn't a "great" book, but it did make me stop and marvel at the writing and wish he'd write more.

• 6 months ago

'Cloud Atlas', by David Mitchell.

And 'Milkman', by Anna Burns

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

1. Shatter Me, Tahereh Mafi

2. The Selection, Kiera Cass

• Sharon
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

"Light of the Ancient Sun", author Patrick Sarver. Somewhat depressed younger son of national leader attempts to recreate civilization 417 years after apocalyptic plague

• 6 months ago

I remembered, It was Al Quran...

• 6 months ago

Incarceron followed by Sapphique, so far any book related to Dragonlance, The Horizon War trilogy, and Vampire the Masquerade: The Red Death trilogy. I

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The Eleventh Commandment by Jeffery Archer.

Brilliant, unputdownable and with many twists and turns.

Plot summary :-

The chief of the CIA, Helen Dexter, decides, on her own, to order the murder of political figures of other nations on the basis of their views on the United States. The book starts with the murder of a candidate for the Colombian presidency. During this time, Helen finds out that she would be fired if she is found out to be ordering assassinations on several nations. To cover up her work she plans to have her chief assassin, Connor Fitzgerald, eliminated. The CIA rejects Connor's resignation and asks him to go on a final mission to assassinate a candidate for the Russian presidency. While attending a speech, Connor is arrested and placed in a Russian jail to be executed. A friend of his arrives in time and tries to rescue him by making a bargain with the Russian Mafia. In exchange for Fitzgerald to be replaced with his friend, Fitzgerald will have to assassinate the Russian president. Fitzgerald fails in the attempt and "dies." Later on he returns home with the name of a professor and he has lost his arm.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I read an article that other day that places in this world still practice abortion. It's like we still live in the 70's. Surprised were not still smoking cigarettes in planes and restaurants too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.