Does 500 watt speaker dissipate all that power into heat, obviously yes, right?

Update: So, do high power speaker coils get hot like induction heater.
Update 2: Probably vibrating sound helps to cool them to certain degree, but i see testimonies they DO get hot at high power.
Update 3: "There is very little heat dissipated since the wires used are enameled copper and have a very very low resistance."

That's nonsense, speaker coil has rated impedance, be it 0,5, 1, 2, 4, 8 or more Ohms. This is DC resistance, ohmic losses.
Update 4: jocelyn just stop embarassing yourself, that nonsense is painful to read. "The resistance offered by the speaker coil is known as Impedance. It is high and so the DC resistance of 4Ω, 6Ω or 8Ω does not play a role." Speakers impedance is more than 90% due to it's DC resistance, speaker coils are... show more jocelyn just stop embarassing yourself, that nonsense is painful to read.

"The resistance offered by the speaker coil is known as Impedance. It is high and so the DC resistance of 4Ω, 6Ω or 8Ω does not play a role."

Speakers impedance is more than 90% due to it's DC resistance, speaker coils are made with 50 or less turns of thin wire, they have very low impedance and extremelly low reactance especially at audio frequencies.

Lesson for all, do NOT answer if you do not know.
Update 5: jocelyn I apologize for treating you so harsh, my brother, it's just that your answer is not correct.
Update 6: Philomel 12.5 RMS lol, look at some dyno tests on youtube and you'll see car and even home amps producing kws RMS.
7 answers 7