What happens if you choose a military major at your college?

I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to military stuff so I'm not sure what happens. I'm currently in my first year (undeclared) and the college I attend offers a program in Military Science, which is within the school's Army ROTC program but it's a major on its own. If I was to go into this... show more I am not very knowledgeable when it comes to military stuff so I'm not sure what happens. I'm currently in my first year (undeclared) and the college I attend offers a program in Military Science, which is within the school's Army ROTC program but it's a major on its own.

If I was to go into this major, would I be required to join the military? The program description says it trains students to become military officers while implementing a science background. Obtaining military training sounds like a big achievement and all but I do not wanna become contracted to join the service as that is not my intended career path. Thank you for your help!